I must say, there aren’t too many true rules one needs to follow for yoga, except those listed above.
However, with all the new people we have coming to class this new year, I do feel as if I should cover a few more basic rules for my classes.
- Please come in without placing expectations on yourself. Be open to try and learn new things.
- Please ONLY park at the Yoga Studio of the Woodlands parking lot. We are not able to use the doctor’s parking next door.
- Please remove your shoes outside the door. No shoes allowed inside the studio.
- It is OK if you come in a little late, (less than 15 minutes) but please respect those already in class by coming in quietly.
- NO cell phone use! We are here to escape the day and responsibility. Turn those cell phones OFF! It is very distracting to others if you are busy texting so put those cell phones away (or I may confiscate them)!
- Please try to donate between $6.00 and $10.00 per class. I have to pay for each you to be in the studio, so please give what you can.
- Take breaks when needed. Not everyone is at the same level. Some people have injuries or may just be having a hard day…do what you can and feel free to rest in child’s pose anytime!
- Yoga is NOT competitive! Don’t try to do what your neighbor is doing just to keep up. Again, everyone is at a different level, so the only one you need to compete with is your own self!
- The poses that are most challenging to you are most likely the ones you need the most…so don’t skip them!
- Have fun! Again, yoga is meant to help balance you and will do wonders for your mind and body. Don’t take it so seriously!
- Always check this website for class changes, cancellations, or updates. Sometimes things come up in life and I need to make changes or cancel a class.
That is pretty much it for the rules… and please remember that YOGA IS A CELEBRATION!